San Jose Post-Divorce Modification Lawyer
Modifying Child Custody, Child Support, and Spousal Support in California
If your current child custody or child support agreement no longer fits your circumstances, the Dominion Law Group, LLP in San Jose, California, can help you seek a modification of the agreement. Modifications in child support and some visitation matters are routine. We can often obtain these quickly and at reasonable expense. Depending on the circumstances, other types of modifications such as those involving child custody can become quite contentious and involve extensive legal work to resolve.
Examples of Post-Divorce Modifications
Child Support Modifications
- If you can no longer afford to make your current child support payments because you have lost your job or taken a lower paying job, you can petition the court to reduce your payments.
- If the payer of child support is earning substantially more money and can afford to pay more child support, you can petition the court to increase child support payments.
- If a child custody or visitation has changed, you can petition the court to change child support.
- If the needs of a child have changed, you can petition the court to change child support.
Child Custody/Visitation Modifications
- If your spouse is planning to move out of the area with your children, you can petition the court to prevent the move or to change visitation.
- If a custodial parent has experienced a change in circumstances that makes him or her less fit — or more fit — for child custody or visitation, you can petition the court to change child custody or visitation.
Spousal Support Modifications
- If your ability as the supporting spouse to pay spousal support has changed, you can petition the court to decrease spousal support.
- If your financial needs have changed as the receiving spouse, you can petition the court to increase or decrease spousal support.
Property settlement modifications
- If property was omitted from the property settlement, you can petition the court to divide the property.
Enforcements of Orders in California
The Dominion Law Group, LLP also helps parents seek enforcement of child visitation, child support, and spousal support agreements. If your ex refuses to comply with the agreement, a judge can make a finding of contempt. This would result in a five-day jail term for each act of contempt.
After divorce, the need for sound legal guidance in family law matters continues. Whatever your need, the San Jose divorce decree modification attorneys at the Dominion Law Group, LLP will protect your rights and interests.
Contact a San Jose Divorce Modification Lawyer
For a consultation with a San Jose divorce decree modification attorney at the Dominion Law Group, LLP, call 408-288-5592 or contact us online. We serve clients throughout Campbell, Los Gatos, Santa Clara, Cupertino, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, and across the San Francisco Bay Area.