Contested Divorce
Dominion Law Group, LLP



1042 West Hedding Street, Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95126

San Jose Attorney for Contested Divorce

san jose contested divorce attorney

Modifying Child Custody, Child Support, and Spousal Support in California

Do you need a San Jose attorney for post-divorce modification? The Dominion Law Group, LLP in San Jose is prepared to help and has all the resources and experience necessary to keep your costs low and to achieve your goals. Post-divorce modifications cannot simply be agreed upon by the interested parties: if a divorce decree, parenting plan or other family law agreement has been approved by the court, any changes must be approved by the court as well. Serious long-term legal and financial challenges may arise if a court order is altered without being formally approved.

The Dominion Law Group, LLP has decades of experience helping clients modify their divorce agreements. We can help you avoid the legal troubles that may arise if you do not have your modification formally approved.

Call San Jose attorney Kevin Hutcheson at 408-288-5592 or contact us online for a free consultation. We are committed to keeping your costs as low as possible while we achieve your family law goals.

Routine and Complex Post-Divorce Modifications

The Dominion Law Group, LLP can often obtain many modifications quickly and inexpensively as many modifications are routine. If both parties agree to the changes and the modification is simple, we can make sure the process runs smoothly, deadlines are met and all paperwork is filed correctly. Even in the most straightforward situation, the law can be complex and court requirements must be honored. However, some post-divorce modifications, such as those involving child custody and visitation, can become quite contentious and involve extensive legal work to resolve. The Dominion Law Group, LLP is prepared for all circumstances:

  • Child support reductions: If you can no longer afford to make your current child support payments because you have lost your job or taken a lower paying job, you can petition the court to reduce your payments.
  • Child support increase: If the payer of child support is earning substantially more money and can afford to pay more child support, you can petition the court to increase child support payments. If the child's needs have also increased, you may petition the court for an increase in payments.
  • Custody or visitation modification: If a child custody or visitation has changed, you can petition the court to change child support. This is especially important when one parent relocates and the visitation and custody arrangement is no longer feasible.
  • Preventing a parent from moving: When one parent plans to move more than 50 miles away, you may be able to petition the court to stop that relocation for the best interest of children.
  • Modifications to spousal support: An increase or decrease in payments is possible but a persuasive argument must be made to the court for any such modification.
  • Property settlement modifications: If property was omitted from the original property settlement, you can petition the court to divide the property.
  • Enforcements of orders: The Dominion Law Group, LLP also helps parents seek enforcement of child visitation, child support, and spousal support agreements. If your ex refuses to comply with the agreement, a judge can make a finding of contempt. This would result in a five-day jail term for each act of contempt.

Whether weeks, months, or even years after a divorce, the need for sound legal guidance continues. Whatever your needs, the San Jose divorce modification attorneys at the Dominion Law Group, LLP will protect your rights and interests. Contact us today at 408-288-5592.

Over 25 Years of Experience Alliance Defending Freedom The State Bar of California Santa Clara County Bar Association
Back to Top